Name Change Form

The name on your student record should be your complete and legal name. Indian Hills Community College reserves the right to require adequate and appropriate documentation when evaluating and processing all name change requests. Approved name changes may take up to two weeks to take effect. A name change will not affect your network login, MyHills account, nor email.

To correct misspelling or transposed names you may provide either a driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate or valid U.S. passport.

To change a name due to marriage, divorce or court order you must provide either the official documentation or a REAL ID (with yellow star in right-hand corner) or a valid U.S. passport.

Please complete the form below to start this process. Documentation may be presented at Bennett Student Services OneStop or emailed to [email protected].

Current Name:

New Name:

Student Status:

Students who are receiving any form of federal student aid are required to change their name with the Social Security Administration before changing their name with Indian Hills Community College.

Academic records are maintained in perpetuity and are often referred to long after students have stopped attending.  It is the policy of Indian Hills Community College that only legal names be used on students’ academic records.  Nicknames, assumed names, etc. will not be used.

My e-signature authorizes Indian Hills Community College to use this name for all future transactions.