1. Apply for Admission to Indian Hills Community College. Any questions and/or to set up a campus visit,
please contact our Admissions Office at (800) 726-2585 Ext. 5153.
2. Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
If you have questions, please contact Indian Hills Tuition & Financial Aid office:
Ottumwa Campus (800) 726-2585 or Centerville Campus (800) 670-3641.
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) can assist you in completing your FAFSA located in the Ottumwa Arts & Science Building, Room 113. Contact them by calling (641)683-5315 or e-mail [email protected].
3. Arrange to have following transcripts sent to:
Office of the Registrar
Indian Hills Community College
525 Grandview Avenue
Ottumwa, IA 52501
Any Prior College/University
Military Credit Transcripts
Joint Service Transcript (JST) - ARMY, NAVY, MARINES, COAST GUARD and NATIONAL GUARD
Only Air Force – request transcript through the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
4a. Apply for your GI Bill by completing the Application for VA Educational Benefits Form 22-1990 under Vets.gov. This is for Chap 33, Chap 30 and Chap 1606. For Chap 33 Transfer of Entitlement (TOE) complete Form 22-1990E after the DOD has approved the request for TEB. Submit application and a CONFIRMATION NUMBER will be assigned. Remember to keep the CONFIRMATION NUMBER for future reference. A Certificate of Eligibility will be mailed to you several weeks after you submit your application
4b. If you have used your GI Bill at another college then complete the “Request for Change of Program or Place of Training” Form 22-1995 under Vets.gov. List Indian Hills Community College as your attending institution. An updated Certificate of Eligibility will be mailed to you.
5a. Dependents’ Application for VA Education Benefits (Chap 35) complete Form 22-5490 under Vets.gov. Remember to keep the CONFIRMATION NUMBER for future reference. A Certificate of Eligibility will be mailed to you several weeks after you submit your application.
5b. If you have used your Chap 35 GI Bill at another college then complete the “Request for Change of Program or Place of Training” Form 22-5495 under Vets.gov. List Indian Hills Community College as your attending institution. An updated Certificate of Eligibility will be mailed to you.
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment program (Voc Rehab or Chap 31) you will need a Premium Access eBenefits account. This link will provide you more information about Voc Rehab. Submit your contact information in eBenefits and Voc Rehab will contact you.
- National Guard Education Assistance Program (NGEAP-State TA). Applications must be received before established application deadlines: July 1st for Fall and Winter Terms and December 1st for Spring Term. A FAFSA must also be completed by the appropriate deadline.
- Go Army Ed (Federal TA). Please refer to deadline requirements when submitting authorization form. Maximum number of 16 credit hours in a fiscal year (1 Oct- 30 Sep).
- Register with eBenefits for a Premium Access account if you have not done so already. Here you will be able to track your payments received, make changes to your account, set up direct deposit and monitor your educational benefits.
- Bring the following documents to the Indian Hills Veterans Administration/Enrollment Services Advisor:
a. Copy of DD214
b. Certificate of Eligibility
Any questions regarding your VA educational benefits should be directed to the Department of Veterans Affairs by calling the VA’s Inquiry Line (888) 442-4551.