CPRC services are still available to all currently enrolled students; however, all sessions have moved to Telemental Health only at this time. To receive services, you must: be a currently enrolled IHCC student, located in Iowa, have access to computer audio/video capabilities, internet, and/or a private phone line, and be located in a confidential space that is free of any threat to your safety.
- Telemental Health – Telecounseling via Doxy.me is a HIPAA protected, live interactive audio/video meeting. You may review these instructions prior to the scheduled session.
- Phone Counseling – If you do not have access to internet or audio/video technology, phone conferencing can be utilized. Phone Counseling will also be used as a back-up for Telecounseling in case of connection issues.
Prior to sessions, please review the below forms:
- Review each: Notice of Privacy Practice and Client Rights and Responsibilities
- Review/Sign each: CPRC Informed Consent for Services (coming soon) and CPRC Informed Consent for Telemental Health Services.
If you have questions, email: [email protected] or call 641-683-5152.
To schedule an appointment, you may email or call the above, or choose your session time at: https://calendly.com/cprcservices.
Additionally, our advocates from Crisis Intervention Services will be working remotely. You can reach them via email, phone, Facetime, and Zoom. Their crisis line, 1-800-270-1620, is operated 24/7 by staff. For domestic violence emergencies, please call 1-800-464-8340 (provided by Family Crisis Center).
In case of a mental health emergency or crisis situation, you may contact:
- Campus Security at 641-683-5300
- The Mobile Crisis Team at 844-430-8520
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255(TALK) or text 748748
- Your Life Iowa at 855-581-8111 or online chat at https://yourlifeiowa.org/
- Southern Iowa Mental Health Center (SIMHC) 24/7 Crisis line at 641-682-8772
- The Veterans 24/7 Crisis Line (for all veterans, service members, national guard and reserve and their family members/friends) at 800-273-8255(TALK) and Press 1
- The Focus on Recovery Helpline (alcohol/drugs) at 800-374-2800 or 800-234-1253
- Go to the Southern Iowa Mental Health Center (SIMHC) Crisis Center (a voluntary safe space, staffed 24 hours a day. Walk-ins are welcome, but must be 18 and older, in a mental health crisis, and medically stable/able to provide self-care) – 1527 Albia Rd., Ottumwa, IA 52501
- Call the Ottumwa Police Department (OPD) at 641-683-0661 (non-emergency) or 911
- Call the Centerville Police Department at 641-437-7100 (non-emergency) or 911
- Go to the Ottumwa Regional Health Center Emergency Room, 1001 E. Pennsylvania Ave., Ottumwa, IA 52501, 641-684-2300
- Go to the Mercy Medical Center Emergency Room, 1 Old Hwy 5, Centerville, IA 52544, 641-437-4111
- Go to another local emergency room
Finally, feel free review these helpful resources to manage understandable stress and anxiety through this time:
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty: https://afsp.org/taking-care-of-your-mental-health-in-the-face-of-uncertainty/
- Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks: https://store.samhsa.gov/system/files/sma14-4885.pdf
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health – Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak: https://store.samhsa.gov/system/files/sma14-4894.pdf
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT
At any time, you may call 641-683-5152 or stop in to make an appointment. The CPRC is located on the first floor of the Trustee Residence Hall in the Student Development Department. You may also complete this form and someone will contact you to schedule an appointment:
MAKING A REFERRAL
At times we may find ourselves concerned for a student and/or friend. In such instance, feel free to complete the form below if you would like a CPRC staff to follow up regarding scheduling an appointment. However, please be mindful that services are not required, and unless there is an identified concern for the safety of the individual and/or others, the individual must always consent to the service. You are also welcome to call 641-683-5152 with the individual or to share your referral; or to walk directly to the CPRC together, when possible. Please see the Helpful Resources section on how to identify and/or help a student/friend in need.
Counseling and Prevention Resource Center
Indian Hills Community College
Trustee Hall, First Floor
525 Grandview Avenue Ottumwa, Iowa 52501
Phone: (641) 683-5152 or (800) 726-2585, ext. 5152
Email: [email protected]
Questions about services may be emailed, however, we do not schedule appointments via email, because email is not considered a confidential communication. Staff are also not able to check email with regularity or frequency, therefore for the timeliest and most confidential communication, please call!