There are still uncertainties about the 2020 Fall Term, but here is what we can tell you right now! We will be OPEN and look forward to serving students in whatever format works best for each student.
That’s right – you can have Indian Hills YOUR WAY for the 2020-21 Academic Year. Here’s what that means – we will offer many classes in a variety of formats so each student can select the format that works best for their personal safety as well as their learning style. Some Health Sciences and Advanced Technologies classes will require students to be on campus, but most Arts & Sciences classes will be offered in the following formats:
- Face-to-Face on-campus learning will offer the same great faculty and learning opportunities that students received prior to COVID-19, except there will be a few less students in each class. Face-to-face class sizes will be limited to accommodate for proper social distancing and safety measures.
- Live Virtual Learning (Search LVL in WebAdvisor) gives students all of the benefits of face-to-face courses with the flexibility to “attend” from anywhere. Students who take LVL courses may attend on campus (as space allows) or login at the same time each day for a live lecture, group work or virtual learning activities using Zoom.
- Online learning (Search WWW in WebAdvisor) provides students with even more flexibility by allowing them to complete coursework on their own time and online students are not required to attend live lectures or class sessions. Students who take online courses may watch pre-recorded lectures or participate in discussion boards as part of their coursework.
If you’re not sure which option is right for you, don’t worry! Our admissions and advising representatives are here to make sure you get enrolled in the section that best suits your needs and academic goals! To schedule a face-to-face or zoom session, please contact the OneStop at [email protected] or at 641.683.5262.
Among Iowa community colleges, Indian Hills stands out as a top choice for traditional and non-traditional students. You’ll find more than 70 majors, many online college coursework options, a welcoming and diverse campus and so much more.
Indian Hills Community College in Iowa is affordable, especially with great financial aid available. And if you’ve exhausted your student aid options, be sure to ask about the Last Dollar Scholarship to cover expenses not covered by your existing financial aid options. Last Dollar Scholarships are available to students in Iowa Community Colleges and accredited private colleges.
Keep this in mind: You won’t be turned down. But you need to apply to Indian Hills Community College early, because some programs fill up fast. Applying is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Create your Indian Hills Community College account
- Submit your application for admission
- Attend New Student Orientation & register for classes
Education Leads to Higher-paying Jobs
You may want to start your college education here, then transfer to a 4-year college to finish up, or complete one of our many degrees or certifications in two years or less. Whatever your path, a college degree, license or certificate is your ticket to a higher-paying job.
Feel like you need more information to make your decision? Not sure about a major? Learn more about your academic option by clicking on one of the links below.
|Advanced Technologies||Arts & Sciences||Health Sciences|
Existing Student Program Change
Need to change your program? Don't worry, we've got you covered. You can sign in to the Program Change Form here, and then click the "Add/Drop Program" link at the top of the page.
Need to change your address? No problem! Access the Address Change Form here, fill out the form, and email or return to the Admissions Office. (Address/Email are listed below.)
Want to Connect with Us? Let's Talk!
Office of Admissions
Indian Hills Community College
Bennett Student Services Center
623 Indian Hills Drive
Ottumwa, IA 52501