Recognizing that the ultimate responsibility for success lies with you, the student, Student Support Services promotes self-advocacy and leadership and provides academic, cultural, career–oriented, and social activities to help you continue your education and achieve academic success. We promote the educational opportunity of eligible students whose aspirations, participation, and achievement of post–secondary academic goals may be at risk.
The Student Support Services Project is funded by the U.S. Department of Education. Liberal eligibility requirements allow most students at Indian Hills to qualify for the program. The key requirement is the desire to improve your grades. Undergraduate students at all levels of academic performance are encouraged to apply.
Participants are identified and selected from one or more of the following criteria: economic status, first generation college students (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree), or individuals with disabilities.
Student Support Services will:
- Provide assistance to students in the areas of counseling and guidance, instruction, services to students with disabilities, and cultural activities. The cornerstone of Student Support Services is guidance and counseling. Counseling includes: academic, financial, or personal services.
- Host special workshops, sponsor cultural activities and speakers, and provide opportunities for students to participate in cultural and recreational events.
- Help students with disabilities function independently in an educational setting.
- Offer tutoring both on an individual and/or group basis.
- Assist in securing admission and financial aid for enrollment in four–year institutions.
All services are free of charge for eligible students.
Please complete the Student Support Services Application to apply for our services.
Annual Transfer Fair and Transfer Trips
College Connections Workshop
Indian Hills Community College offers a College Connection Workshop July 27, 2020 - July 30, 2020 and August 3, 2020 - August 6, 2020, free to eligible students. The week–long (Monday–Thursday) workshop is for first–year students who are planning to attend IHCC in the fall. You can choose which week to attend.
Student Support Services
Indian Hills Community College
525 Grandview Avenue
Ottumwa, IA 52501
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (641) 683-5133 or (800) 726-2585, ext. 5133