Do you have a question about this Indian Hills Program? Browse through the Program's Frequently Asked Questions and you might just find the answer you're looking for!
Kirkwood Community College has clinic agreements with hospitals through east central Iowa, Missouri and Wisconsin.
- Time/travel is required (up to 2 hours away)
- May need to find temporary housing
- Must have reliable transportation, daycare, etc.
- Surgical Technologists are paid between $15-18/hour depending on the hospital
- Additional pay for call/off-shifts can add 75 cents-$2.00 more per hour
- Surgical Technologists should be prepared to work off-shifts, weekends and holidays
Your Practicum I clinics will start in early March-May on Mondays/Wednesdays for 8 hours/day. You will have classes on most other days of the week.
Your Practicum II clinics during the summer will be Monday-Friday from about 6:30 or 7:00 am to 2:30 or 3:00 pm (maybe later depending on the case).
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for? No worries! Just ask
Heather Larson, MBA, RD, LD, Program Director, Allied Health
(641)683-5311 or (800)726-2585 x5311